Sunday, May 17, 2009

Look both ways and watch for bicycles

Last Monday a lady didn't, which would have been okay if no one were in her path, but as it turns out Rachel was. Here are a couple of photos of what Rachel's bicycle looked like afterward. Fortunately, the bike went under the car and Rachel went over the top, instead of the other way around. She did a cool stuntman roll across the hood (at least, I imagine it looked cool, I didn't see it), and ended up with a kind of nasty scrape on one leg and some of the biggest bruises I've ever seen, but thankfully no serious injuries.


4 comments:

Deb said...

this story scares me, wavid. rachel emailed me about it today. yikes. so how did you find out? did they call the ambulance and police and all that?

David said...

No, Rachel told the lady she wasn't hurt too bad, so the lady just gave her and her bike a ride home, so no emergency vehicles got involved.

Then Rachel called me and I came home from work and cleaned up and bandaged the scrapes. Then she called some friends to come over and comfort her, so I was superfluous at that point...

EmHy said...

I am glad that she is okay. That is really scary.

Isle Family said...

I'm glad that the bike went under the car instead of Rachel. Is she going to start looking for work as a stunt double? I'm not really sure if I want my kids to learn to ride a bike, it is much scarier as a parent.