Friday, May 1, 2009

Lisa's Latest

Lisa has had a busy couple of weeks.

A few weeks ago in her "life skills" class they were talking about goals. She set a goal to score a point in a soccer game, and sure enough, two weeks ago she scored the game-winning goal. No photo, because I wasn't at the game... but it was still pretty cool.

Besides that, she played a violin solo for Young Women's, had an orchestra concert, played a solo (with piano accompaniment) in a recital, and was inducted into the National Junior Honor Society. Here she is with her certificate.



And this just for a bit of self-indulgent fun... the NJHS chapter keeps a book of members, and as part of their induction ceremony each of the kids signs the book. Afterward I went up and flipped back a few years to the following page.


Looks like I missed the actual induction and had to sign later... there were other people waiting to look at it, so I didn't flip through and find everybody else, but Lisa is the 9th Luke in that book. :)

3 comments:

Matt said...

That's really cool Lisa. Congrats!

So Wavid, who are the 10? I count 9 Luke's who have been through middle school in this area.

You
Jim
Jeff
Web
Wath
Me
Rachel
Andrew
Lisa

Who am I missing?

David said...

Good question...

Three possible explanations:

1) I was thinking of Daniel being on the list in a few more years
2) I was thinking of Gina Luke, a non-relative who was in my Geometry class at LSJH.
3) I'm not that good at counting.

Take your pick. :)

Deb said...

i'd forgotten they kept a notebook like that. very fun. i still remember being inducted.

and tell lisa i LOVE her haircut. it's so cute! she's beautiful! and tell her i'll get the notebook back to her soon! :)