Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Walking down the street - Busan day 4 (part 2)


After the Gamcheon Culture Village, we headed back to Busan Station, where we got lunch at Mama's Kitchen. Their specialty is chicken sandwiches, but being Korea, they were disconcertingly spicy. But tasty.



We went back to the hotel to take a break before the final adventures of the day. Two of our rooms were still being cleaned, so everybody crowded into Rachel and Lisa's room and crashed for a while.



Not wanting to waste any of our little remaining time in Busan, and also not being any space left to take a nap anyway, I went on a walk in the neighborhood. Here are a few photos of the area.

I'm not sure what this is -- some sort of memorial, I think.





"Shopping area for foreigners." I didn't walk down the street to find out what made it particularly suitable for us non-Koreans.




The Busan Stargate in the daylight.



Some people from some Christian denomination were there attempting to do missionary work. I didn't see anyone actually paying them any attention.



Shiny metal sculptures in front of the station.





Pig planters.



The fountain, with our hotel to the left.


 



Inside Busan Station. This station serves the city-to-city train, and we had only used the subway, so we hadn't gone inside yet. It was spacious and pretty.



In the back of the station there was a large deck with nice views of the surrounding area.





No comments: