Last weekend (April 5-7) we decided to do something new and take the family to see General Conference in person. Rachel has been to several sessions before in her time living in Utah, and I went to one session back in 1987, but the rest have never been.
Friday after Lisa and Daniel got home from school we drove down to Provo. Yumiko's car did well on its first road trip, averaging between 34 and 35 mpg. The weather was nice, and the increasing numbers of windmills were turning lazily.
We got to Provo about 11:00 and dropped off some food at Andrew's apartment, then got some sleep.
Saturday we hung out with Rachel and Justin at their apartment and watched conference. Everyone stayed awake and attentive the whole time.
After the afternoon session the girls got ready for a bridal shower. One of Rachel's best friends from high school is marrying our across-the-street neighbor. Here are the cute little cupcakes Yumiko made for the party.
Meanwhile, Daniel and I took Andrew grocery shopping...
...and then we headed to the priesthood session.
Then we headed to the cars for the drive up to Salt Lake City.
We joined the other crowds of people heading to the Conference Center, and stopped to take a few photos outside.
...then headed inside.
The conference center is really, really big. It would have been fun to wander around and explore more than we did. It was a good experience to see it in person, and there were some amazing talks in the session we attended.
























3 comments:
what a great opportunity! i have only been once and that was in the tabernacle before the conference center was built.
How fun! I've been once to the tabernacle and once to the conference center. Have you been on a tour of the conference center when it's not general conference time? That's pretty fun, too, I'm guessing they still do tours.
No, I've never done the tour. I'd like to do that some day! They don't do the tours right around conference time, unfortunately.
Post a Comment