Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Here is the news


Since the new school year has started, I guess it's high time I finished writing about the last school year...

Towards the end of the semester, the CHS newspaper printed a story about three "distinguished seniors."  I'm not quite sure how they chose them, but Andrew was one of those featured.  Here is the article:



The first thing you may wonder is, if there are three featured seniors and three photos, aren't those three photos supposed to be the photos of the three students, and if so, why do none of them look like Andrew?

The answer is yes, those are supposed to be the three distinguished seniors, but they somehow they got their pictures goofed up and printed a photo of some random kid instead of Andrew.

You may also wonder about the quotes in the article.  Here is what Andrew had to say about his two quotes:


Andrew according to PL: I just focus on my schoolwork; I don't really do extracurricular activities.

The real Andrew: "I didn't say that!  It makes me sound lame!"

Andrew according to PL: I believe anyone who sets their mind to becoming distinguished, can do it.

The real Andrew:  "Yeah, I really did say something like that."


So, the Ledger is only batting about 1 for 3 on accuracy in the article.  But still, it was cool that Andrew got featured!

No comments: