Thursday, April 19, 2012

What's Going On

I'm getting farther and farther behind posting, so here's a quick catch-up.

The kids were out of school today for teacher inservice and senior project presentations.  Andrew presented his project today, so that's one one more big thing out of the way.

For the project they had to choose and analyze a piece of current legislation.  Andrew picked the Idaho Energy Policy, which is being updated by the legislature this year.  I think it was good for him to learn about the energy issues in the state, as well as getting a glimpse into how politics works.

This morning Lisa had friends over for breakfast and a rehearsal, and then in the afternoon afternoon got on a bus for Coeur d'Alene.  She'll be up there for the next three days with the All-State Orchestra.  She's really excited about it.  It would be fun to drive up and hear their final concert on Saturday.

Speaking of Saturday, Daniel has a Scout campout this weekend.  He also has a soccer game at noon, so I'll probably go with him on the campout so we can leave early and get him home in time to play.

And that's what's going on this week!

4 comments:

Kellie said...

Glad you guys are doing well! Life never slows down does it?

Cathy said...

So Lisa's bus drove up the highway 1.5 miles from my house?? Tell her to wave on the way back through! Too bad you aren't coming up, you could visit us!

David said...

Yeah, I was hoping I could drive up for the concert and stop in and see you in the process! But there was too much else going on. I ended up going on the campout with the Scouts, though, so that was fun.

Cathy said...

Well, scout campouts are good, too! Next time you'll have to come! Or any time, for that matter :).