Sunday, January 16, 2011

At Christmas

I didn't get many good photos from Christmas, but here are a few.

One of the things we like to do is have a "shepherd's dinner" on Christmas Eve. We've got some wooden dishes that we use, and we try to eat things that are at least semi-plausible as what shepherds in Palestine might have eaten 2000 years ago.

As we were getting ready, the kids were having fun with the wooden dishes and constructed their own manger scene.



And who is it in the manger?



Carving the roast beast. (Which was really, really good!)



Ready to begin eating.



Later that night, after Santa's visit.



Christmas Day, the aftermath.



I didn't get many photos of the gifts, because I was mostly shooting video. But these are fun -- here's what Daniel found for Rachel.



Anyway, we enjoyed a great Christmas, and hope you all did too!

No comments: