Lisa had an interesting assignment. They were supposed to write a story that was 101 words long. A lot harder than it sounds at first! That's not very many words.
Anyway, here is what she wrote...
Green Eyes
I smiled at Kyle before the door closed. Last time I ever saw him. It happened so fast.
He sent flowers, flowers I couldn't see. I was fine, I said; forgiveness wasn't easy, but what could he do? It's over. I just listen now.
Incredibly, it's a new world. A fly buzzes. The phone rings; my fingers find it.
Kyle. He apologizes over and over. I just want to be friends again. Not his fault; he didn't know our project would literally explode in my face. Now I dream about color, form, vivid markings of life.
I miss my green eyes.
2 comments:
That's awesome! Good job Lisa! I love it!
nice.
Post a Comment