Yesterday our stake was reorganized. Basically, they took six wards, rearranged them into five, and moved two of them into other stakes. Our ward got cut in half, and then had pieces of two other wards grafted on. As a result, we're somewhat larger than before. I don't know the statistics... but we did pick up quite a few new Young Men and Young Women. Lisa is really sad, though, because one of her really good friends in the ward is now in another.
As a side effect of the change, I am currently unemployed. We lost both our librarians in the reorg -- I volunteered to the new bishop that I might be able to help him out there. We'll see how it goes...
4 comments:
Good luck with that, I say just lay low...
What are you going to do with yourself now? You might even get a Sunday nap in! At least for a few weeks :)
are you in jeff and maria's ward now? and it's dangerous to talk to the bishop at all at this point. i agree with candee, just lay low and duck behind corners if you see him coming. then you can get that sunday nap in before they track you down and put you to work again. :)
Nope, Jeff and Maria are still in a different stake. As are Mom and Dad, and John and Wath. Five of us in a less than two mile radius, and we're in four different stakes!
Post a Comment