Friday morning we went to the cemetery. In Japan they typically have common grave sites for a family, so the grave was for Yumiko’s father, uncle, and Hideki’s stillborn child Soudai (and in the future, Yumiko's mom, and his brother's family, and so on for generations to come). We pulled some weeds and cleaned it, took a few pictures, left flowers, and came back. It’s about two hours away, by train and bus.





In the afternoon I went to Shinjuku and dropped into the Marvell office. Most everybody was at a meeting, but I got to meet a few people. Then I visited B.I., a company I’ve done some translation work for over the past 12-13 years. I spent an hour or so talking to the people I’ve worked most closely with and rebuilding that relationship.
In the evening we went to an all-you-can-eat shabu-shabu restaurant – thinly sliced beef and pork, cooked in water with vegetables. It was really good.
1 comment:
Cool pictures! Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment